Saturday, March 17, 2007

Those eyes !!!


Eyes ... say a lot .... They convey eons in an iota ....
One look and your life gets changed for ever.
One harsh look and you are done for ever.
They smile, they hate, they call you .. they beckon ....
They size you, they choose you, yes they reckon ..
They quiver in fear.. they subjugate
They shed water, in joy and in hate
They dilate on seeing the beloved .....

I met one such pair of eyes once. And I fell in love with them.
When she laughed, they smiled in glee. Even when she didn’t they didn't stop their mirth. Sometimes mischievous sometimes childlike ... they always pranced upon me as if asking me to play along. When I could understand their language then looking at me accusingly... Playing along was what I did . For I could do anything for those two marvels.

Then came the sad part. I liked that pair of eyes so much that I thought that they were for me. I wanted to control their ethereal dance, I wanted them to look at me and no one else.
Whenever they would chance on anyone else then it would arise my ire. I loved them so much and yet I didn’t realize that it is not bondage that those eyes wanted. They were free and wanted to unravel the mysteries. see new things. And they were not ready to be enslaved, to anyone.

The same pair of eyes now looked at me with fear. Blissfully unaware in my own self induced chimera, i was not able to see the difference. When I used to get angry, they used to quiver and get wet. Small trickles used to run out and I didn’t care. For I thought them as mine. And then one fine day. I chanced upon them again and I didn’t see anything. That sparkle was gone. Now they looked glazed whenever they looked at me and that was when I realized that I could never have them look at me the same way as before......

They now look the different way and see different light ... I am happy that where they look, they see sparkle and reflect them like the twinkling of the stars.

Sometimes on lonely nights I do remember them, but I know that they are going to light up my life no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment