Friday, March 24, 2006

Life's Crossroads !!!


















I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference


- Robert Frost .


Such is the power of words ...... What Robert Frost said in his poem of 1875 is what we experience most often in our lives ...... Times comes when there appears no direction ..... A boat without a rudder .... then suddenly there you are at the crossroads ........ Then you have to take the choice that you will have to live with all your life ........

"the problem indeed is the choice itself, one which would not be present without the very predication of the anomaly, the remainder, the incalculable sense of hope, but also the endlessly deferred affirmative."
- The Matrix Reloaded

Friends then what is the choice that we should take such that we are at peace with ourselves all out lives.... A choice that will not make us feel that we have a life of missed opportunities behind us .........


I would say that it is the choice of faith ......

Choice of faith ??? what in the name of God is it ?? Choice of faith what ?? Choice of faith who ???

Well the only thing one can do it to ask yourselves deep within ..... what is your choice of faith ??

Choice of faith is the manifestation of the something that you believe in ..... Faith is not always the religious in natute ......

FAITH


1.Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2.Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4.often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5.The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6.A set of principles or beliefs.

One word ... six different meanings ......
The faith I was speaking about is the faith in our own personal value system .... Faith as a framework of principles and beliefs ...... Something that you believe in ...... your perception of the world around you ........
Faith that draws the lines between what is right and what is wrong ,......

At the crossroads of life .... one can ask oneself ... what is that I should do ?? What is that when I do will make me be at peace with myself ??

Personally speaking my faith personified is my mother ...... Whenever I am at such a crossroads ... I see my mother ... then I ask myself ... anything I do ... will it make her happy ??

Decisions are hard to make ... some may even be wrong ... but then it is the fatih that makes us do certain things making us come over the carnal desires of the mind ... that makes us go beyond the normal conventions of the society .. that makes us defy the laws of paradigms ...





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post.
    I believe that the decisions that we take and the choices that we make are not as important as the "belief" with which we make them. I have never given a second thought to any of the decisions I made. And I have never had a reason to complain. Maybe that has been on the lines of "Ignorance is Bliss". But then, what difference does it make?
    I make a choice, I stick to it and move ahead. I do not ponder over things already in the past. Because that insults my faith in my decision and by extension, my faith in myself.
    And after all, no crossroad in life is bad as long as there is an ice-cream stall in the corner!

    ReplyDelete